- Yehoodi is based in New York City
- Dance-Forums hold discussions on all kinds of dancing, not just swing.
- Strictly Westie for West Coast Swing.
Articles and Blogs
Finding Other Dancers
- The Dancers Directory
A global address book for dancers. Use it to find friends or to get in contact with local dancers when you travel. (I think it's based in Switzerland).
- Mad Hot Ballroom
A documentary-type movie about the ballroom dance program in the New York City public schools. Great entertainment.
- Strictly Ballroom
I fell over laughing after the first minute. The story and acting is hokey and campy, but they did that on purpose.
- The Tango Lesson, starring Sally Potter and Pablo Veron
Wow...that's tango dancing.
- Tango Bar, starring Raul Julia
Perhaps I wasn't paying attention to the subtitles but it seemed like the dancing and the storyline were two separate entities. I ignored the plot; the dancing was pretty awesome. I loved the closing sequence.
- The Mambo Kings, starring Armando Assante and Antonio Bandaras.
- Shall We Dance?, a dubbed Japanese movie. A cute dance movie. The American remake wasn't all that bad, either.
Generic Dance Resources
- Greater Boston "Dancing This Weekend and Next" Newsletter & Westie News"
Weekly email newsletter. To subscrib, send email to Ron Margolin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Henry's Hotlist
Lots of links all over the place.
- Raper's Dance Corner
Swing, Lindy Hop, Country Western. Who's Who in Swing Dance.
- Sapphire Swan Dance Directory
Many links to different kinds of dancing.
- West Coast Swing America
A website for West Coast Swing enthusiasts.
- Anything Swing Goes
A source of swing music and dancing information, based in San Diego.
- Ballroom dancing information list server
There is a listserver for information on Ballroom dancing and you can subscribe by sending a message to email@example.com with the following command in the body of the message "subscribe ballroom
I'm pretty sure this process has changed at some point in 2006, but I haven't gotten the new information yet.
- Whenever recorded music is played at dances, license fees must be paid to certain organizations that distribute these moneys to the original recording artists and songwriters. For more information, look at the information provided on the sites for ASCAP and BMI.
- Archives of Early Lindy Hop with the beginnings of Lindy Hop at the Savoy Ballroom in Harlem.
- How 2 Dance
An effort by a couple of dance enthusiasts to show how to dance swing and other dances.
Last updated March 3, 2015