Mondays, with Nancy Murphy (April 15 - May 20)
- 6:30-7:30 pm - Beginning Swing (level 1)
- 7:30-8:30 pm - Intermediate Swing (level 2b)
- 8:30-9:30 pm - Intermediate Argentin Tango
Tuesdays, with Nancy Murphy (ongoing)
Wednesdays, with Ron Gursky (April 17 - May 22)
- 6:30-7:30 pm - Argentine Tango for partners (all levels welcome, limited enrollment)
- 7:30-8:30 pm - Quickstep
- Tuition to be paid at class (check or cash).
- All classes meet for 6 1-hour classes at $60/person or $100/couple.
- "Drop in"/single classes on Mondays & Wednesdays may be taken for $12/person.
- "On-Demand" classes fee: see below
- The student discount is 10% off.
- Private lessons are available on these nights before and after classes.
For fees and availability, see the individual instructor.
Advance registration is not necessary, but early registration would be
appreciated at this time by sending email to
email@example.com or calling 617-393-0254.
Please include the word "Registration" in the subject field.
Please indicate the course for which
you are registering, your name, your partner's name (if signing up with a
partner), daytime and evening phone number. We do not send confirmations.
Assume you are enrolled in the class unless you hear otherwise.
We are compiling an email notification list for future classes and events.
If you would like to be on it, please add a note about it. You will not
be included on the mailing list unless you specifically ask for it.
You may also register at the first meeting of the class.
Rugcutters' Dance Studio offers Classes On-Demand
"All the convenience of a private lesson combined with the camaraderie of a group class."
Have you ever wanted to take a class that never seemed to be offered at the right time? You're going to be travelling and can only make 3 out of 6 classes? Want to take a class that isn't in our current offerings? In answer to these situations, we've developed a new concept - classes On-Demand - a hybrid of private lessons and group classes. Tuesdays are dedicated to On-Demand classes.
Here's how it works. You have a group of friends who would love to learn . You email or call the studio, and we'll set up a class for you. You choose the dance, the hour, & how many times the class meets. You can also choose to open up the class to others not in your group, or keep it just your group.
Pricing varies depending on how many people are in the class. The chart on back shows the per person cost. The more people you have, the lower the per person cost. Round up enough of your friends, and you can get a really sweet deal!
Contact us today to find out more!
- Scenario A: Angie has a group of friends that regularly go Swing dancing. Several of them have mentioned enjoying watching people Foxtrot when a slow, smooth song comes up, and wished they knew some basics. Angie emails us, and we discussed her group's needs. We agreed that 4 classes would be a great intro, and that Tuesdays at 6:30 would work for everybody. The following week classes began! There were 6 couples in group, so each person paid $34 ($8.50/person * 4 weeks). Now there out on the floor Foxtrot-ing when the that occasional Foxtrot tune gets played.
- Scenario B: Julie & Carlos are getting married. They're going to have a Salsa band at their wedding, but many in their wedding party don't know how to dance Salsa. They set up an On-Demand Salsa class for the wedding party. They're having 2 other couple come with them for 6 weeks - 3 weeks in a row, a week off for a business trip, then 3 more weeks - , and the entire wedding party of 16 people for the final week, 7 classes total. Their class was set up for Tuesdays at 8:30, and started 2½ months before their wedding date.
- Scenario C: [Your name] [Your class] [Your story!!]
|# of People||Cost/Per Person/per class
You will need to pay for the whole series at the first meeting of the class.
268 Arlington Street (just off Mount Auburn Street), Watertown.
Ron Gursky - Director
Mailing address: P.O. Box 1302, Melrose, MA 02176-0020
Copyright 2001-2011, Rugcutters Dance Studio. All Rights Reserved.
Class Schedule |
Course Descriptions |
About Us |